Monday, July 06, 2009

A few select pictures...

Here's just a few pictures of the house... not perfect, but at least it's something...

The front of the house... this is what you can see from the sidewalk. What's missing is our lemon tree on the left and a little yellow rose bush on the right. I particularly like the palm tree silhouette reflected in the kitchen window in this picture--so typically California!
The master bathroom! This is part of what made me first fall in love with the house :) Plenty of space, two shower heads and a walk-in closet to the right (but no jacuzzi tub, unfortunately)... still--a master suite anyone could love :)
MY kitchen! I love the granite counter tops and am starting to adjust to cooking with gas. There's quite a bit of "tall person" space--as in, I can't reach the top shelves in the cupboards without a stool... but that's ok... there's room to make everyone happy :)
This is the "play room" and "guest room," but technically speaking, it's the "second master" since there's a bathroom attached to this room as well. Sorry, folks, Joe and Cami have already claimed this room for Christmas vacation, but we're taking reservations for other seasons of the year :) Of course, they may relinquish their reservation now that they see that there's not a real bed in there yet... hehe... yeah... that room looks very plain without anything on the walls... I guess I know my project for tomorrow!

And this is the western half of the backyard... the "shed" as they call it... it has a full foundation, two rooms, and attic, and carpet... nicest "shed" I've ever seen... For now it's storage space, but has the potential to become a play house or home for my kids' garage band :)
So there's some basics... the living/dining room area is still too full of boxes and stuff and all the bedrooms look very plain still... but we're making a little more progress every day. Despite all the mess and all its little quirks, we love our house :)

10 Comments:

At July 06, 2009 10:04 PM , Blogger Cami Severson said...

I love it!!! I am so glad to finally be able to see into the house!! It is just beautiful!! And, BTW, we will sleep in there, bed or no! ;-) Love you! I am so glad you guys are finally moved in!! Congrats on finally being out on your own again!!!

 
At July 06, 2009 10:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The house looks super awesome! Nice bathroom and kitchen!

 
At July 07, 2009 9:05 PM , Blogger Sarah S said...

very fun! it's great to see pictures. I'm very jealous of your master suite - it's wonderful! And I love your kitchen - don't worry, a stool is very easy to cart around everywhere... I use mine all the time :)

 
At July 08, 2009 5:07 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Congrats! The house looks great. Isn't it fun (and overwhelming) being a homeowner?

 
At July 08, 2009 6:16 PM , Blogger Johnson Family said...

My goodness, that is BEAUTIFUL! I just covet all that space, and it is all yours. Wowee. Though, I think you need to come to Boston for Christmas Vacation.....

 
At July 11, 2009 11:50 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Wow Danielle, what a great house! Congratulations!

 
At July 12, 2009 9:28 PM , Blogger jaronfletcher said...

you are so lucky to have your own home! we just moved into a house but we don't own it. someday.... your house looks very nice! And your family is darling!

 
At July 13, 2009 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am so excited for you... I will be up in august, if you are around I would love to see you!

 
At July 14, 2009 12:56 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Severson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! very cute house. Enjoy your new place.

 
At July 16, 2009 7:38 PM , Blogger Cox Family said...

wow...that is such a beautiful home.. i cant believe that you guys can afford to live in the bay...That is such an accomplishment... And what a beautiful House.. it sounds so big too how many square feet is it? Well Congrats on a beautiful home I bet the kids are loving it..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home