Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Piano Prizes

So, as many of you know, I teach piano lessons. In an attempt to get my students to practice, I give them "stars" for completing assignments or let them count up their practice minutes to earn prizes. I decided to offer a new prize: a piano bag or purse created from the free fabric we get :) My girls were particularly excited. Here's my first two Piano prize creations:

This student wanted a "teal and brown" piano music bag. She picked out the stripe pattern, and I made her this bag. I really like the way this one turned out:

This student wanted a "purple purse." Purple is a more difficult color to come by, but she found a couple pieces she liked... and then as a perk, I decided to embroider Tinkerbell. She's crazy about Tinkerbell. This was really my first time embroidering, and I think it turned out pretty good. Emily showed me how to do this very simple back stitch. I was glad they both liked their prizes!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At May 13, 2009 12:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

that's awesome! where do you get free fabric from?

 
At May 13, 2009 12:34 PM , Blogger Cami Severson said...

Great idea, Danielle!! I really like positive reinforcements, I think that works much better than the fear of the light being put into them!! ;-) Too bad you aren't closer, my boys would LOVE taking from you!! Beautiful creations! I think you did a great job on tinkerbell!

 
At May 13, 2009 1:50 PM , Blogger Sarah S said...

so cute!! I LOVE your tinkerbell embroidery!

 
At May 15, 2009 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Julie, we get free fabric from a couple in Palo Alto--they collect discontinued upholstery samples from designers and such and give them to whoever wants them. They're all small pieces, but very good quality--perfect for making pillow, purses, even quilts... we've really enjoyed it.

 
At May 19, 2009 8:38 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Very cute! I wish I'd had such a nice piano teacher.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home