Wednesday, May 27, 2009

All-American Memorial Day Weekend

I spent this Memorial Day weekend in celebration of great All-American experiences. I thought it a fitting tribute on this holiday :)

On Thursday and Friday, I enjoyed spending time with my nephews from Oregon. Family is, quite possibly, the best thing this country (and this world) has to offer us; and I love playing with my family! I got to watch an entire "cowboys and Indians" marble battle... I saw Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker play baseball in the back yard... AND learned how to make machine gun sound effects--all without leaving my house! Awesome. I love my blondie boys.

On Saturday, my brother was officially dubbed "Dr. Severson" in Berkeley. It made me very proud. I loved being at the ceremony with all the graduates. The electric excitement just flows at graduations, it's thick in the air and rings through your whole being! I love it! Of course, after listening to a couple professors jabber about their doctorate students, it wears off a little, but still, where else but America can you get the means and the opportunity to enjoy such an education?
Saturday evening, we enjoyed the great American past time with the Oakland A's! Unfortunately, after eleven innings and chilling wind, we lost... but at least we got to witness Giambi's 400th career home run!

And after the LONG game, we thoroughly loved the pyro-spectacular set to some of our favorite show tunes! Dawna was very good about wearing ear plugs... in fact, she wore them from the eighth inning through the end of the show... this was her favorite firework because "it looks like a butterfly!"
But the weekend fun didn't stop there... no no no... Monday the All American celebration continued with a classic hamburger and hot dog barbecue followed by a hike to beautiful little Yosemite. Our country is so rich with man-made and natural wonders.
Woah there Lawrence... easy on the watermelon...
(Technically, this was his enjoying of the barbecue leftovers, but look how cute that is!!!)

Last of all, my All-American Memorial Day weekend wouldn't be complete without mentioning my favorite veteren: my dad. He gave years in the prime of his life to serve our country, and continues to serve in his own way. I am impressed with him daily as he helps his clients live within the laws and let the laws help them live successfully. And I am grateful to him for showing us how fortunate we are to have been born in such a land. I hope he knows that I'm doing my best to appreciate all the opportunites that are mine here. Love you, my All-American dad!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At May 28, 2009 1:31 PM , Blogger Sarah S said...

fun pictures!! that is just about the best Memorial Day weekend I could imagine - fun with family, seeing beautiful sites and experiencing neat things like that.

 
At May 31, 2009 10:30 AM , Blogger Cami Severson said...

Great pictures, Deeb! We had so much fun with you guys! Miss you much! I am so excited for you to move into your great big house in a couple of weeks!! Love you!

 
At June 02, 2009 9:14 PM , Blogger Aaron and Emily said...

Oh Jon, always going in the water.

 
At June 04, 2009 6:20 PM , Blogger Ryan and Brindi said...

hellooooooo deeb!!!!! your family is so beautiful! i love seeing pictures of you guys and what you have been up to. i know it has been YEARS so it is cool to catch up on the internet. aren't blogs awesome?

 
At June 04, 2009 11:40 PM , Blogger sunnysnows said...

:) What cute kids! I've been wanting to call to see how the big three year old's birthday went on Monday. I hope everything was great! We can't wait to help you move!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home