Thursday, November 13, 2008

All caught up...

I’ve started attending a regular exercise program, designed by my high school friend, Alana Ayers. She’s a great personal trainer. I know that because I’m sore every day, even though I only work out with her twice a week.

Both my kids are sick. Poor Lawrence has croup. We took him into Urgent care about 5am yesterday. He didn’t sleep more than and hour at a time on Tuesday night, and his breathing kept getting worse and worse. The doctor gave him Albuterol and some steroid that started with D… he’s been doing a little better since then, but still is very wheezy and raspy. Dawna has had a fever and stomach flu, which we inconveniently discovered at the dinner table yesterday. She threw up a little onto her plate. When I saw that, in one swift and fluid motion, I lunged for a bowl and reached around the table and literally Caught the rest of the puke before it hit the table and destroyed everybody else’s dinner. Ok, so that’s kind of a gross visual, but I just wanted to impress you all with my mommy reflexes, which have been fine tuned by said personal trainer, Ms. Ayers 

Jon got a package from EA. I was excited to think that it might be a job offer and/or some paperwork to fill out and file with them… but no. It was just a note to encourage him in school… and candy… and a Nerf dart gun… and a Video Game! Geez… talk about schmoozing… they KNOW how to get into my husband’s heart…

At a recruiting meeting for Amazon, Jon won a little Flip Video camcorder, which includes a “still capture” from any video you record. It was a welcome little surprise considering our camera just died. And so, all the pictures in this letter are brought to you by Flip Video, powered by Amazon.

And with that… I think we’re caught up…

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 14, 2008 3:11 PM , Blogger Sarah S said...

Impressive posts Danielle!! I think the gifts from EA were also impressive. Those flip camcorders are pretty cool too - way to go amazon! :) Ben's recruiting gifts were never that exciting... we have a DOW coffee travel mug, a water bottle from Shell, an umbrella from BP. They don't do much to impress chem engineers.

I'm really sorry that Lawrence has the croup. Eli had it around the same age and it was HORRIBLE. They ended up checking him in to the hospital for a day and we were all miserable. And puke from Dawna?? Double whammy of fun :)

 
At November 14, 2008 3:48 PM , Blogger Cox Family said...

wow danielle dawna looks so much like you.. what am i saying she is you, but blond.. lawrence is getting so big.. he looks like a severson too.. wow

 
At December 06, 2008 11:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your kids are looking so much older! Holy cow, 3 1/2 months does a lot to little kids! I'm glad I found your blog, via Becca's. Hope things are wonderful, Danielle!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home