Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ups and Downs.

On the up side, we had a "mother's group outing" and went to the beach this week.

On the Down side, Jon started up school, and for the first time, we have to take care of tuition ourselves... but the end is in sight!!!

On the up side, we got some cute pictures at the beach... We went to the most perfect inlet cove just north of Half Moon Bay.


(This is Dawna feeding Kimball a goldfish)
(Dawna, Kimball, and Talmage running from the waves)

On the down side, they were all on Angela and Sarah Jean's cameras because our camera broke... like, is completely dead. I'm actually really sad about that... and of course, as soon as that happened, Lawrence started doing a MILLION adorable things... He pulled himself to standing for the first time this week. He got his fifth tooth. He really started crawling on all fours and moving quick! And, he and Dawna are playing together! She loves to make him laugh and he loves to try to follow her while she runs circles around him! Alas, all of this cannot be recorded visually because I have no camera :(.

Jon is a star husband for watching the kids on Saturday night while I went to the Relief Society session of conference. Pres. Uchdorf's (sp?) talk was amazing... in a nutshell: Creating and being compassionate bring us the greatest happiness. It was one of those talks you don't want to end because you feel so inspired and enlightened listening to it. I guess I should feel that way reading the scriptures every day and going to church too... I'll work on that...

Dawna said a funny thing in nursery today... When asked what it meant to be obedient, she said, "It means I get in trouble."

It made me laugh, but I also realized that the only times I talk to her about being obedient is when she's in trouble and I'm telling her she needs to be obedient... I guess I should explain it better, and tell her when she is being good and obedient... hmmm...

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 29, 2008 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawna is growing up so fast. It is great to see her start to reason. I hope we can teach her some things correctly. :P BTW for those who often ask what classes I'm taking I am taking a basic Stats class. Computer algorithms and a Robot Programing class. The first two are going to be largely review but they get me closer to graduation. The robot programming is just going to be fun. The final is going to be robot soccer with real robots. I can't wait.

 
At September 29, 2008 9:18 AM , Blogger Aaron and Emily said...

I love Dawna's comment! I can't wait to hang out with you guys again. I want to do so much when we get back.

 
At September 29, 2008 10:35 AM , Blogger Sarah S said...

I am SO sorry your camera is dead. That seriously makes me sad. I'm frustrated because I can't find our compact camera... I always keep it in the diaper bag or my purse, and for the last week it's been missing and driving me nuts!! I have our big camera that I'm still using, but I'm sad to miss the quick moments when a little video would be fun.

Your kids are doing so many fun things!! They are so cute. I love the Dawna story especially.

 
At September 29, 2008 8:43 PM , Blogger Camille said...

Sorry about the camera. Wish I was at the beach with you. Sigh. I felt the same way about Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. I also had the same thought as I wished it would contiue forever. I know the sometimes I feel uplifted and enlightened after reading or going to church... but it just is different when you are connected to the sisters of the world and feel that way, ya know? I thought of you that night and missed you!!

 
At September 30, 2008 10:15 PM , Blogger Paul said...

There is a robot at stanford that can climb walls like a gecko. It's not as fast as a real gecko though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home