Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sushi in Sacramento!

We're in Sacramento this weekend visiting Weston! It's been a blast! Last night, we went out to sushi at Ichi Maki restaurant. It was awesome! The restaurant has an amazing atmosphere, very clean bathrooms, and great and knowledgeable waiters (when Jon and I went to sushi in Orem, the waitress didn't even know what kinds of fish they had... it was terrible).

When we entered the restaurant, the guys working at the sushi bar gave Dawna and Lawrence little balloon animals. We just ordered rice for Dawna because I didn't expect her to like anything much there. To my surprise, she drank and ENTIRE bowl of Miso soup (Aunt Emily will be so proud) and then asked for more! When they brought her the rice, they also brought a sweet Terriyaki sauce to put over it, which she loved. Then, our sushi rolls weren't done at the same time, so they brought us some soy beans so snack on while we waited (which Dawna also loved). I was thoroughly impressed with the service there! I felt pretty bad leaving the mess that Lawrence made... he wanted some of Dawna's rice too, and you can probably imagine how that went...

Anyway, the cutest part of the evening was watching Dawna try to eat with chopsticks. She was very determined to do it since everybody else was... and she actually got a couple grains of rice to her mouth each time!


She kind of has a weird face in this picture, but it captured her determination so well!




Thanks to Emily and Weston, we are now a Sushi loving family!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At September 20, 2008 2:23 PM , Blogger Sarah S said...

Yeah Dawna!! I'm glad she liked the food - that's great. Eli loves miso too. Seeing your pictures made me hungry! :)

 
At September 20, 2008 9:45 PM , Blogger Cami Severson said...

How cute is she! I love her little determined expression. I love sushi! In fact I will, many times, pick some up at safeway (our safeway has an awesome sushi chef) for lunch. I always want to eat it all myself, but my kids fight me for it and I end up with maybe half. Drat.

 
At September 20, 2008 10:15 PM , Blogger Camille said...

Sounds so fun! Say hello to Weston for us!

 
At September 21, 2008 7:52 PM , Blogger Aaron and Emily said...

itatakimas! (It's Japanese, and my sister in law Wami would always say it before she started eating).

 
At October 10, 2008 8:45 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

It's so fun to read about your little ones. I can totally relate since mine are almost the same ages. Say hi to Weston for me too. Who's Emily? I'm so lost without Camille to help me keep up with that branch of the family.

 
At October 10, 2008 10:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Andrea! Yay! I love it when people find my blog! Emily is my sister in law. There's a link to their blog on mine (the Aaron and Emily one).

Good to see you bloggin'!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home