Saturday, April 17, 2010

Welcome home!

Finally... FINALLY!!! She came home! I have my car back! I've been missing her for almost exactly a month now... but she's back and purring like a kitten!

If you remember, we ran over a moving dolly on the way home from Oregon on March 12 and my Quest baby has been stuck in Redding, undergoing massive surgeries... In the words of the repair order:

"Vehicle towed in, found large hole in oil pan. After inspection found engine damaged beyond repair. Removed and replaced engine with used engine. After we installed the used engine, we found it would not pass our cooling system test and it had early signs of head gasket failing. We removed the engine again, had cylinder heads checked, replaced all top end gaskets and reinstalled engine. All systems passed inspection after our work was completed. No charge to customer-engine supplier paid all warranty repairs."

Pretty much every sentence of that paragraph took a week of waiting for parts, insurance, warranties, installing, and testing... But... it's all done now!

On a more personal note, I feel so grateful for my sweet dad and husband who left this morning at 6am to drive and pick up my car. They met the mechanic at a gas station in Corning, signed all the paperwork, and then turned around and drove home again. THAT is definitely love. I don't know that I've ever done such a lengthy favor for either of them, but they did this for me without any hesitation or complaining. I love these men! Thank you sooooooo much!

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2010 2:12 PM , Blogger Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Danielle, I'm so glad the car is back home. I haven't commented on this yet, because I'm so embarassed that I caused this nightmare. Also I have heard wonderful, exciting news; that your baby is here, little Naomi. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home