Sunday, May 10, 2015

On Broadway!

Friday was our piano recital! This year's recital theme was "Name that Broadway Musical and Tune!" The recital audience all got programs with only the student's names on them. Then, as they listened to the song, they had to try to name that tune and musical before the song was over and the student announced the answer! I always really enjoy watching the audience at these kinds of recitals.  Generally, there's a moment of confusion and intensity as the student plays an introduction, then it's as though a epiphanic light bulb goes on and everyone scribbles down the answer as they recognize the tune! (I may have made up that word...epiphanic... epiphany-like... get it? Well, hey! I can make a noun into an adjective anytime I want! It's English!)

Anyway...
See if you can guess what Larry and Dawna played before they get to the end and announce it in their speech!



 I'll bet it was easy to tell what they were playing right away!

After the recital, as per tradition, we enjoyed ice cream sundaes and each student got to take home a silver or black star balloon with their name and piece on it!
Larry and Dawna both did an excellent job practicing and memorizing and performing! I love so much seeing my kids' musical talents improve!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2015 7:59 PM , Blogger Aaron and Emily said...

Very easy to tell. They sound amazing!

I need you guys around... my recitals are boring and theme-less because I am too lazy to come up with one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home