Sunday, March 03, 2013

Winter garden

Today we harvested the first batch of broccoli from our garden! Freshest Broccoli I've ever had! This variety, Green Comet Broccoli, is supposed to keep producing small florets on the side for a few weeks... We'll see how it goes!

In other small news of the week, I do NOT have gestational diabetes (yay!) and Dawna finished her second trimester with a great report card. I had my grades down for her, but Jon and Mr. P. both said I was being too hard on her, so they were adjusted. Larry is excited about playing piano and practices with me every day. Xochitl somehow learned her birthday (I've never quizzed her on it, but one day someone asked her and she just knew...) and will gladly tell you she's turning 3 on "April nineteenffffffff" to quote her exactly.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 04, 2013 9:01 PM , Blogger Aaron and Emily said...

That Xoch is a smart girl! Your broccoli looks delicious. That's awesome that Larry practices with you every day.

 
At March 06, 2013 11:58 PM , Blogger kds kupboard said...

It is amazing what can be grown with a little loving care. I love growing things I can eat and they can be beautiful just like flowers. Oh! some are flowers i.e. broccoli. Great job! Grandma

 
At March 06, 2013 11:58 PM , Blogger kds kupboard said...

It is amazing what can be grown with a little loving care. I love growing things I can eat and they can be beautiful just like flowers. Oh! some are flowers i.e. broccoli. Great job! Grandma

 
At March 22, 2013 9:59 AM , Blogger Johnson Family said...

Wow! You sound so busy. I don't even recognize Xochitl - that visit to your house was a long time ago. We miss you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home