Thursday, January 12, 2012

Larry's 4th Birthday

My little boy has been on my mind today. He's just so loving and adorable... and by the way, he had a birthday last month. (poor middle child...)

Although there are some down sides to having a Christmas birthday, one positive aspect is having so many aunts, uncles, and cousins around almost every year! He had the largest and most diverse group this year with cousins from BOTH sides of the family there to sing to him!

In addition, we had the Amazing opportunity to have Aunt Karla make him a specialized birthday cake. It was Incredible! No other words can describe it. Incredible! See for yourself:

Understandably, by the time we got around to eating the cake, there were a couple little finger pokes in the top and side... not to mention some skid marks from Lightning McQueen and Holly... but hey, it's his birthday cake...

He loved it from start to finish! After his birthday, he asked for cake for every meal (seriously, breakfast, lunch, and dinner) until it was gone. And if that wasn't enough, when we were making plates (drawing on the paper part that gets sent in), he said, "Mommy, draw a track, like on my cake!" I don't think any other cake in History has had so much love and reverence.

Thank you, THANK YOU, Aunt Karla! Try as I may, I know my baby boy gets lost amongst his sisters sometimes and deserves more attention, but without a doubt, he knew on his fourth birthday, that this cake was special for HIM!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At January 18, 2012 8:27 PM , Blogger Sarah S said...

His cake is AMAZING!!! We're having a Cars birthday party for Charlie on Saturday and I am a tad stressed about making it great. I don't think I'll even attempt a cake like that - Larry is a lucky boy! Happy belated birthday to your sweet boy!

 
At January 20, 2012 1:24 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Severson said...

He is such a cutie! The cake is awesome. Happy birthday little Larry

 
At January 22, 2012 10:09 AM , Blogger Kristin Johnson said...

And it even has his name printed on it! Happy Birthday to Larry.

 
At February 02, 2012 5:06 PM , Blogger Lindsey Stirling said...

Finally found a spare moment to check up on your blog. I miss ya! Cute cute family!

 
At February 02, 2012 5:07 PM , Blogger Lindsey Stirling said...

By the way it is Jennifer, not lindsey. (:

 
At July 23, 2018 3:20 AM , Blogger Drew Watts said...

Larry's 4th Birthday was filled with so much fun and excitement. I am especially in love with the cake. It seems like the real race track. Look at the kid, how happy he is to have that special cake. Even my child loves cars and races. His birthday is in next month and I too would be throwing a special part at one of the local NYC venues.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home