Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Projects I'm proud of :)

Since mom got me a new sewing machine for my birthday, I've been putting it to good use. Piano students, Joyschool, and Behold Dance Collective have all seen some sewing from me...

For "B" day in Dawna's Joyschool, I had the kids count beans and make a bean bag... they really aren't that exciting to look at, just your basic square bag... but the kids had a great time with them!

Piano student #1 wanted a purple pillow for her complete practice chart. I got REALLY lucky at FabMo to find the dark purple background AND a matching Polka dot fuzzy purple piece. Dawna picked out the purple lady bugs and I put it all together--embroidery and all!
Student #2 wanted an "aqua" pillow... I had to do a little searching to even figure out what that color is supposed to be... in the end, I think it's still just a lightish blue and turquoise... but she said it matches her bed perfectly, so that's all that matters!
I sorta wish the blue star had another something to balance out the three white buttons, but I was working with what I had... I love the fabric on the back, even though you can't see it... it's light blue velvet with silver glitter in it... so so cute!

Student #3 wanted a music bag, and she picked out the pink and green plaid patterned fabric. The brown and blue bag I just made because I was bored one night and I liked the way the fabrics went together... not sure what I'm going to use it for yet...
And finally... the biggest and hardest project I've tackled yet... a dress for Dawna. She needed a white dress for the "Little Stars" dance in Behold the Light, so I braved up and bought a pattern, some material, and some ribbon to complete the project. That was the first time ever I've sewn something start to finish by myself with a pattern. I did spend a bit of time on the Simplicity web site defining the terms and such, but it all came together almost perfectly. It's good enough for Dawna to wear for the show and she loves it... Mission Accomplished!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At November 24, 2009 9:36 PM , Blogger Aaron and Emily said...

WOW. I am proud too. GREAT job, they look fantastic! (And I don't think the aqua pillow looks unbalanced with the one star and 3 buttons. It looks good that way).

 
At November 25, 2009 9:26 AM , Blogger Brooklyn said...

Danielle, the dress is amazing. Good job!! I would have loved it if I were Dawna, too.

 
At November 25, 2009 11:05 PM , Blogger Sarah S said...

Danielle! I am so impressed with your sewing skills. Way to go!! You are such a nice piano teacher for your students too.

And Dawna's dress is beautiful!!!

 
At November 27, 2009 5:40 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Severson said...

Pillows are lovely! good girly touch on the purple lady bugs. Dawna looks so happy to be modeling the nice white dress mama saw for her. Good job!

 
At November 28, 2009 12:45 PM , Blogger Johnson Family said...

Dawna is beautiful in the dress! I love to sew too and I am glad you are using that new machine.

 
At November 28, 2009 11:41 PM , Blogger sunnysnows said...

Good job! I'm so impressed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home