Tuesday, July 03, 2007

July 3


After that long ordeal yesterday, we enjoyed today with Gwen and Mike, Kim and Tommy. We all slept in (except poor Mike, who had to go to work). It was warm when we got up and I particularly enjoyed basking in the sun. We had a good swim in the afternoon. For dinner, we went to a pizza place called the "Organ Stop." It was Awesome. In the center of the place was a Wurlitzer Theater Organ; the kind that used to be played with silent movies. I'd never seen anything like this! The organ was attached to a whole drum set, cat puppets, exotic drums, gongs, xylophones, and one of "OOooga" old-fashioned car horns. We heard the organist play selections from The Little Mermaid (complete with floating bubbles from the ceiling), Phantom of the Opera, Beauty and the Beast, The Beatles, and some I couldn't even name. Dawna was enthralled and even ate some pizza. Kim and I danced heartily and toured the many pieces of the Organ.

On the way home, we stopped by the Mesa temple and enjoyed the citrus trees (whose fruit apparently makes "Holy Juice" according to Gwen), the intricate cactus garden, and the reflection ponds around the temple. All in all, a great day.

2 Comments:

At July 03, 2007 11:56 PM , Blogger sunnysnows said...

Your trip sounds exciting so far! Enjoy the rest of it! I got wind of a possible tutoring opportunity if you are interested when you get back here. A friend of a friend has a son who is going into 8th grade and really struggling with English, so they are looking for someone to tutor part-time during the summer. His mom is working with him now. I'll be gone to Spain and then to Memphis and then I have classes in Santa Clara, so I told her I would ask you if you were interested, just in case. Anyway, let me know when you get a chance.

 
At July 04, 2007 10:19 AM , Blogger Aaron and Emily said...

What an exciting trip! I'm glad you're keeping us posted. Keep posting. I better post about getting hit by that foul ball at the A's game...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home