Sunday, January 19, 2014

What happened this week?

1. Larry biked 3 miles to a friend's house! Jade rode in the bike trailer for the first time, and Xochitl, sitting in June trailer next to her, put her to sleep! It was a fantastic ride! 

2. We went climbing in Sunol last Saturday ( lots of pictures on google+) Xochitl almost lost her shoe down a narrow crevice, but I did some awesome shimmying down and squeezing and retrieved it! Go me!

3. I experimented in my Koberstein Test Kitchen, making raspberry cheesecake cookies and lemon garlic pasta with shrimp. Both were very successful in taste (which really is the most important feature) but left something to be desired in the presentation :)

4. Jon got to drive a Prius. It was not ours.

5. I discovered I may have the same random allergy that Cami has: purple cabbage plus running within 6 hours equals itchy rash and hives all over my body. So NOT fun! Fortunately, there was no difficulty breathing, but I'm laying off cole slaw for a while...

6. Jade learned how to click her tongue and does so incessantly upon waking. Very cute.

And looking ahead, Jon is turning 31 this week... Woah. He appears to be dying... But at least he's winning at Qwirkle. Lynn is here playing also, but he didn't quite fit In the shot... The Blooger app camera extension also leaves something to be desired... At least we have Monday off! Happy MLK day!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 21, 2014 7:10 AM , Blogger Kristin Johnson said...

I would like to drive a Prius. So, we had never played Qwirkle, but saw that it had good reviews and figured you could play it with little kids. Well, behold, my sister got us the same thing for Christmas! Kaela really loves it, and I hope your kids do too!

 
At January 21, 2014 2:21 PM , Blogger Aaron and Emily said...

Very fun to catch up! Wish we could bike ride here... it is freezing. I miss those warm sunny CA winter days! Hey, are you gonna cook lemon garlic shrimp for me sometime?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home